A non-Swiss citizen who is subject to the obligation to obtain a permit shall be granted permission to acquire a holiday apartment or residential unit in an apartment hotel in a current or former tourist resort if
- it is essentially the case that no permit could be granted on account of a cantonal or municipal freeze on permits or the removal of the resort from the list of tourist resorts,
- but a case of hardship exists for the seller and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- financial hardship of the seller (Swiss or non-Swiss citizen)
- unsuccessful offering of the apartment – at the erection costs plus reasonable interest – to persons who are not subject to the obligation to obtain a permit
- own use of the apartment as a principal abode, second home or holiday apartment or residential unit in an apartment hotel.